image
AnonymFeb 27, 2013

What will happen if I break a thermometer or a light bulb?

1
0+
0-
Visible
  • Best answer

  • Others answers (2)

  • image
    Feb 27, 2013

    If you break a thermometer or light bulb, the liquid mercury present in them may spilt out and can separate into small beads. You may also be exposed to mercury vapour. However, this small amount of mercury is unlikely to cause problems for your health.

    0+
    0-
    Comment
  • image
    AnonymFeb 28, 2013

    if i broke the thermometer, i shouldn't touch the small, silver beads bcoz this is mercury which can be harmful to our body.

    0+
    0-
    Comment
  • image