What kind of wall / paint is this & how do i remove it?

i want to remove it& repaint because i cant seem to stick the stick on hangers & stuff on it,, can i also drill this kind of wall?

Sheila: Textured walls need to be skim coated https

Textured walls need to be skim coated https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kAgc_b9fSU Easy to drill drywall.


We really don't know if the wall is textured paint or real plaster with a sand finish. Either way, the only way to smooth it out would be to apply a skim coat over it. In simple terms, it's more practical to fill in around the high spots than to remove them. No matter what, it's a heck of a lot more work than simply using a few nails/screws to mount things.

Girlie Electrics

It's a bastard to remove. Either skim /fill over it or just drill your mountings. It's probably over a solid base


this is the wall!! sorry for not posting it on the original question haha!


You can buy textured paint remover in the large DIY stores.