1. The Guadalcanal Campaign was a series of small battles and is an example of the US tactic known as ____________ ____________.
2. Prior to ______________, the US was able to crack the Japanese code and preempt an attack by the Japanese and destroy much of their fleet. This is widely viewed as a turning point in the war without Japan.
3. What created tensions between the United States and Japan prior to World War II?
4. Why was it viewed as a mistake for the Japanese to continue making advances in the Pacific?
5. Why is Doolittle’s Raid considered a moral victory for the United States?
Did you ever consider trying to do your own homework?
1 Island hopping
2 Battle of Midway
3 Trade. It's always trade. Specifically, oil embargoes.
4 Extended supply lines always cause problems
5 It was the first attack on the Japanese home islands. It showed that the Japanese people were exposed to attack.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you! Your feedback will help us improve the support experience.
How come Iron Maiden's song has a negative view on Vikings?
In the song "invaders", the lyrics says the Saxons and Vikings were "enemies".
Did they even read a wink of their own history? Actually, Saxons and Vikings were the same ethnic cul...