Probate cases in county records?

I'm looking for probate cases of people who have property passed on over to them. When I look in county records, the only one that makes sense under "Probate" is "Trust" which has this description: "A probate case related to administration of a trust." Are these "Trust" cases the ones I'm looking for if I'm after cases of heirs that got property passed on over to them? Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!!


You won't find anything like that because probate is about verifying that a will is correctly made and giving the executor full authority to do what it says. That will be listed under the name of the deceased as it's their will that is being "proved". You're asking about beneficiaries of wills, and they won't be mentioned because who gets something under the will is irrelevant to the actual process of granting probate. A beneficiary will only be mentioned if there's a court case that actually involved them, such as they disputed the will or there's a problem with a trust that the will set up. So a trust case could be the kind of thing you're looking for. You don't say where you are so I have no idea whether this is true there, but what we have in English law is contentious and non-contentious probate. The normal kind of granting probate is non-contentious, where nobody's disputing the contents of the will so it's just a matter of the executor(s) filling in the forms, swearing an affidavit that their information is true, sending all that in to the court with the will and the court fee, getting any inheritance tax paid, and bingo, court sends back a grant of probate, the magic piece of paper that allows the executor(s) to go ahead with selling property, closing bank accounts and everything they need to do to carry out the will's instructions. All done by post except for swearing the oath. And that's what happens the vast majority of the time. If there is a dispute about the will, then it's contentious probate and only then will the matter end up in a courtroom. I expect that's the kind of thing you're looking for.

Politically Correct

'Property passed on over to them' is not a legal term and has no meaning. That is why you are not finding anything. I suspect you are thinking of Title by Contract. Take a look here then update your question to clarify.