Should I open a HSA, an annuity or a regular taxable account for the overflow of my retirement money?

My IRA contribution is $6,000 per year. My employer doesn’t offer a 401k and I want to play catch-up, but I’ll be caught up in a year, but I need $11k to be at where I want to be.


HSA if your insurance qualifies.


The advantage of an HSA is that it reduces your income for taxes and distribution from the HSA is not taxable as long as it is used for medical or dental expenses. Distribution for an annuity and IRA cd is taxable.