Should I live alone or stay in my parents house?

I have been talking to my mom about my earnings and told her I could rent an apartment in the next 5 years. She got upset and told me after all these years you are just gonna leave me and live alone? She keeps laughing and making fun of me wanting to live alone. Im pretty sure I can pull it off because of my job and Im thankful for what Im earning. I dont really understand her mindset cuz if I stayed at my moms house forever I will not feel like growing up or having my own responsibilities. My parents are religious and will only allow me to live somewhere else If I get married which is not what I want to do at all, I will never get married cuz it was never my intention for my life. My question to parents is would you be upset if one day your son will decide to live somewhere else other than the parents house If he had a decent job and not getting married?


If I was a parent and my son or daughter were earning enough money to fly the nest, were sensible enough to live an independent, safe and relatively trouble free life It would be proof positive that my wife and I have successfully raised our child. It is time for them to start their own journey into adulthood as once we did.


Yes who wants to have their kid around past 18?


You already know how your parents feel. If you want to move out and be truly independent, you will have to accept that they aren't going to approve. Make your plans privately. Don't tell them until the last possible minute. Make sure you move important documents like your birth certificate, social security card, etc... first. They will be angry, but once the decision is made and you are out the door, they have no choice but to come to terms with it. Do what you need to do to, they will never let you go willingly.


go. live your life. moms are right 99% of the time. the other 1% is us guessing and getting lucky. i love my momma to pieces but if ur momma is makin fun of you, prove her wrong and live your own life.


i would live alone if thats what you want to do, your parents cant legally stop you

heart o' gold

Being ridiculed by your parents is a form of psychological abuse.